OUR SPECIALISTS ARE Here to Assist you
We’ve accumulated vast experience in acquisitions and disposals on behalf of clients over the years—so why not take advantage of our extensive know-how?
There are a variety of reasons why our clients appoint us to undertake acquisitions and/or disposals on their behalf. Such common reasons include:
they want their role in the transaction to remain confidential—perhaps more so on the acquisition side. For example, when clients are competing with others for an acquisition, it may be advantageous to keep their interest confidential so as not to affect the possible acquisition price.
On the disposal side, off-market sales can be discreetly arranged between principals thanks to our extensive knowledge on who is buying and who is selling in a particular market.
some clients may not have the right expertise in real estate matters or simply do not have time to deal with matters relating to property. They ideally need to spend more time on their core business, making sure it is operating effectively or planning for future expansion, rather than having to spend time either finding new properties to buy or arranging a sale of an existing asset.
So, no matter whether you are a seller or buyer (or acquirer or disposer), our professional commercial property advisors at Century 21 can represent you to make sure you get the most favorable terms and conditions from the transaction you are involved in. We can act for you as a buyer or seller, it really just depends on the situation.
What to Consider Some of the aspects we can help with relating to acquisitions and disposals include:
For an acquisition:
- identification of suitable properties according to the client’s requirements;
- ascertaining availability and assembling detailed information on such properties including:
- physical characteristics such as plot size, floor areas, nature of building construction road frontages, zoning issues, etc
- operational details such as occupancy, rent roll, operating expenses;
- review of market conditions in the area of the property in question, in terms of current market prices, future supply and demand; any planned, major infrastructural changes;
- consideration of macro factors affecting supply and demand for space, locally, or perhaps city or State-wide; how the overall economy is performing;
- advice to clients on:
- a range of prices where acquisition of the property can be considered;
- appropriate acquisition and negotiation strategy;
- execution of strategy to acquire the property;
- co-ordination or liaison with client’s legal advisors in respect of due diligence and closing of a transaction.
For a disposal, some of the services may be similar and include:
- assembling detailed information on the property to be disposed including:
- physical characteristics such as plot size, total floor areas broken down by floors and usage, nature of building construction;
- details about rent roll, operating expenses, and list of tenants, lease expiries, etc
- review of market conditions in the area of the property, in terms of current market prices and rental levels, future supply and demand;
- consideration of macro factors affecting supply and demand for space, locally, or perhaps city or State-wide;
- advice to clients on:
- a range of prices where the disposal of the property can be considered;
- recommended disposal method and negotiation strategy;
- implementation of the agreed strategy to sell the property, either by private treaty, auction, or tender process;
- co-ordination with client’s legal advisors in respect of preparation of any sales documentation and process of closing of transaction.
Our professional commercial specialists at Century 21 can represent the buyer or seller in either acquiring or disposing real estate, as the case may be. We are capable of providing the best services for your needs and are comfortable in acting on either side of the transaction.
Find Your Local Specialist Now!
Our Commercial Advisors offer local knowledge
with a global reach.